Epic War 2 (or Epic War 2: The Sons of Destiny) is the second game of the Epic War series. Most fans of Epic War consider Epic War 2 to be the best of the 6 games. Although the number of people saying that has decreased, it is still pretty big. Epic war 2 had a storyline that continued each battle, where you start as a general, into the leader of a army to defeat a great darkness.
It plays similar to the first Epic War, there are subtle differences. Unlike Epic War 1, there are three boss fights instead of one. Another difference is that there are achievements, which will unlock special troops. There are also three races to play across (Human, Elf, and Orc).
- Little Man (unlocks hobbit, and is achieved by viewing the instructions and credits)
- Axe Weilder (unlocks dwarf, and is achieved by loading the game three times)
- Cannon Fodder (unlocks bomberman, and is achieved by losing three times)
- Dragon Egg (unlocks red dragon, and is achieved by defeating The End)
- Crimson Fire (unlocks devil, and is achieved by defeating The Lord of Hell)
- The Messenger (unlocks angel, and is achieved by maxing out the research tree for all three races)
|Troop Name||Troop Type||First Appearance||Player Usable||Enemy Usable|
|Phantom Archer||Elf||Stage 4||Yes||Yes|
|Beast Rider||Orc||Stage 9||Yes||Yes|
|Black Dragon||(None)||Stage 14||No||Yes|
|Red Dragon||Special||Stage 11||Yes||Yes|
|Overlord Guah-Hajj||Boss||Only Stage 16 (after destroying the castle)||No||Yes|
|The End||Boss||Only Stage 17 (after destroying the castle)||No||Yes|
|The Lord of Hell||Boss||Only Stage 18 (after destroying the castle)||No||Yes|
- The stages are labeled as "Chapter #" but Stage 10 is labeled as "Mission 10" instead of "Chapter 10".
- During Revenge Waves, the computer player will send out a huge block of Paladins/Protectors/Beast Riders but starting in stage 13, the computer can send out these blocks whenever.
- Revenge Waves start in stage 7.
- Cannons first appear in stage 8, but don't appear again until stage 12.
- Dragons do not appear in stage 15.
- Devils do not appear in stages 13, or 14.
- Angels do not appear in stages 14, 15, or 18.
- Black Dragons do not appear in stage 15.
- Somehow, Clerics and Healers can heal machines....
- If a player clears stage 16, 17, or 18, the game shows that they cleared all three with just the completion of one of them, however the player must beat stage 17, and 18 for the Dragon, and Devil respectively. It also doesn't count up if the player clears any of the three without actually replaying one of the stages.